We have been at Low Luckens for seven days now. In case you didn’t hear last week, our new telephone number is: 016977 48331 and the new address is: Low Luckens, Roweltown, Carlisle, CA6 6LJ. Website address and emails are the same as before.
You are welcome to join us in our exciting organic adventure on Wednesday afternoons between 2pm and 6pm, and at other times by appointment. For a start, the following is on offer (and we are open to suggestions on how these open times can be developed):
• Buy fruit and veg from our farm shop
• Buy slightly second best produce that we wouldn’t include in your home delivery but if you have the skill you could turn into delicious low cost dishes.
• Pick your own vegetables including tomatoes, French beans, cucumbers, herbs and leafy greens.
• Learn how we grow your fruit and veg now, and how we plan to develop over the next few years.
• Take a walk in the woods by the River Lyne and see if you can spot the otters.
• Give us your ideas on how Low Luckens should evolve.
Also, we are planning to rent out the next door two-bedroom barn conversion soon, so if you know anyone who might be interested in living here, let us know! Meanwhile, we have lots of summer fruit and vegetables available now and the same special offers as last week.
Broad beans, beetroot, cavolo nero, regular kale, a pretty assortment of tomatoes, cucumbers and French beans, lettuce leaves and flowers, whole lettuce, spring onions, rainbow chard, dill, sage, oregano and chives, plums and cherries.
The new potatoes from west Cumbria are Colleen. We have English celery, watercress, mushrooms, carrots, green cabbage, kohl rabi, beetroot as well as melons from Spain and apricots from France.
We have 25 different box types and they may or may not contain the items listed above. If you would like to receive any of them, let us know by Friday of the previous week and, if stocks (and the value of the box) allow, we’ll include them in your box.